Just mentioning some updates regarding the server and community:
1. I just want to mention a bit about the whitelist situation going on. First of all, we ARE aiming to unwhitelist permanently, eventually. Because of a few experiences with test runs, we whitelisted again until we are more prepared for trolls. We are getting more prepared with things like better language filters, an autorank system that helps with security, etc. Also, we are stocking up on more staff to help out too. Plus, the admins are working on fixing all the technical issues we know of before the unwhitelist.
2. Indi IS taking a break, however, when he gets back he will be called "President", meaning, he will basically be the main community manager and won't be doing administrative stuff regarding the server. Doc (The_Doctor_10th) will be the permanent owner as long as the test run goes well.
3. Also, as some of you can tell, we gained and lost a lot of staff. But we have it all fixed and the new staff are happy to be here! Staff update:
- New Helpers: cwstra, parraot
- New Mod: wolfpup13
- New Admin: Penguin3553
- Resigners: Kendal, Driggi, Block, Shaun, Bey
Thank you, Kendal, Driggi, Block, Shaun, and Bey, for all you have done for CC. We will miss you all! Farewell. <3
4. Lastly, Skyblock is back! ALOT of you guys were asking why we removed it. It wasn't going to be gone forever, so we chose to bring it back and its a lot better!
5. I have added a few things to the website:
- "Get Whitelisted" tab for easier access to the forum where you post your whitelist application
- "Teamspeak" tab for information on the Teamspeak server
- "Staff" tab for a updated page of the current CCGC staff members
Lately, my fellow Admins and I have been working on the newly revised Donor, VIP, and VIP+ ranks. We have been removing all in-game abilities (Special Perks). We do not want to do this but Mojang (The creator of Minecraft) says that it is not right for people to donate and get special in-game perks. HOWEVER: You can still donate! Just please remember that you will only be getting commands that do not affect gameplay! /nick and /hat will NOT be removed as far as I know due to that they do not affect gameplay.
This has confused a lot of players and that is not entirely a bad thing. Its great to ask questions, to learn something new! But please, hear us out. We are not responsible for these changes. It doesn't matter how much you beg, complain, etc. We could be sued and shut down if we do not follow these rules by law.
Here are some questions that you guys asked:
User: I am just a tad bit confused with what your saying, are you saying that only new donations will not get those special perks? Or will everyone, even old vip's donors and vip+ get the perks taken away?
Staff Member: Some perks will be taken away, but not all. We are trying to abide by the EULA agreements the best we can while trying to give out perks to the donors+ who have paid valuable money to keep this server running.
User: So i cant do /fly ,/speed, /d, and not 20 sethomes!?
User: Other servers that I am staff on, as far as I know, are NOT removing paid rank perks, and if they were they would give the donators in-game items because they have paid REAL money for their Rank/Perks
Staff Member: Here is the thing: Mojang decided to change the way things go so we have to obey that because Mojang is the boss when it comes to their game. We don't want to disobey. We are Christians and that means we try to do as Jesus did. Jesus obeyed the laws unless they went against God's laws. I have looked over them and they don't say a thing that is unbibcal so we will obey them. If you disagree then I am sorry, but we will obey.
Staff Member: If we do not do this... we could potentionally be shut down and sued. Mojang wasn't strict on this before but they said: Maybe we would have to get our Lawyers in touch, which means that they WILL sue us if we violate the EULA
User: Does this mean /back will no longer be available?
Staff Member: All current commands for Donors, VIP's, and VIP+'s will be the same. The only difference is the of sethomes. The only difference is that elites will get 20 sethomes now. This only has to do with paid ranks.
User: What about earned ranks? For instance, would an Elite Legend still have /fly?
Staff Member: Like Staff has said, this only has to do with paid ranks.
I hope this post clears up some of the confusion surrounding these changes. So, what is next? Remember, this is NOT our choice. YOU CAN STILL DONATE! Also, we have a misunderstanding of what is being removed. Commands like: /fly, /speed, /wb, /enderchest WILL BE REMOVED DUE TO IT EFFECTS GAMEPLAY!Commands like: /nick WILL NOT BE REMOVED BECAUSE THEY DO NOT EFFECT GAMEPLAY! **/FLY AND OTHER PERKS LIKE IT WILL NOT BE REMOVED DUE TO THAT THEY ARE NOT DONOR RANKS!**
REMEMBER: You can still donate and we can still give you a rank, with extra perms like /nick and a prefix. We cannot give you commands that effect gameplay like: /fly, /speed, etc. I am sorry that I didn't do a good job explaining this the first time.
Yes, we can still promote! User promotions are still allowed. These changes will not apply until sometime around late July/early August. **Perks will not be removed until new EULA rules are approved**
**PLEASE DO NOT SPAM SERVER CHAT, STAFF INBOXES, SKYPE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR COMMENT BOX WITH COMPLAINTS. THIS IS NOT OUR CHOICE!**
Sincerely, [Admin] First
EDIT: Attention all current Donors/VIPs/VIP+, the current new rules imply that donor commands must be achievable to other ranks. Due to the addition of the "Veteran" rank, current donors and vips can keep their old perms. Thanks for your understanding. -Kendal, First-Lady
EDIT #2: POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CLARITY AND READABILITY- HT25
Heyas everyone, just wanted to make a quick post about the website! Please do not be alarmed we are changing up the website a bit due to now having advanced plan with Enjin, we will soon have the site in better shape soon. Just be aware that things will be moved around and a lot of trial and error will be done to get the site to best shape. So please ignore any obvious mistakes or weird placings, we are working on making everything looking its best!